Monday, March 17, 2008

Choose Your Own Adventure

Today marks my first not-particularly-interactive, choose-your-own-ending blog entry, as I offer you your choice of Reasons Why People Don't Talk To Me!

Today was St. Patrick's Day (except that it kind of wasn't, as I discussed in my last post, but never mind). I wore about as much green to work as you'd expect.

Before the day was over, I had three responses to the incessant inquiries as to where my green clothing was. I was rotating between them, but thanks to the magic of the Internet I offer you the chance to choose the one that would be likeliest to make you mutter an epithet at me and walk away!

Question (which I heard, over and over, more or less verbatim, all day): "Hey, it's St. Patrick's Day! How come you're not wearing green? Where's your green stuff? What are you, some kind of big spoily spoilsport spoiling person who spoils? Huh? Are you? Huh?"

Answer options:

1. Does my underwear count? It was white when I first put it on, but it's taken a bit of a bad turn.

2. If I were wearing underwear, it would definitely be green.

3. Some of my toenails are green. It's only because there's some stuff under a couple of them that I can't seem to dislodge. By the way, can I borrow your letter opener?

For the record, 3 seemed to get the best response at my office.


Enough rambling. Here's a picture of an eye.

1 comment:

HomeSchooler said...

I laughed heartily at all three. But I'll probably go with #1 as my favourite!