Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trying To Help

I really enjoy this story out of Vancouver. Feel free to go read the original, or not, because I'm about to paraphrase it anyway.

This guy is hanging out in the park, and sees a suspicious device. He thinks it might be a bomb. He decides that the authorities need to be notified, and so he loads the 'bomb' into the trunk of his car and drives to the nearest police station.

I like to think that he had to put it in the trunk because there was no room in the back seat, what with the kids in their car seats taking up all the space back there.

Once he gets to the station, he walks up to the front desk. "Um, hi.... I'm not quite sure who to talk to about this, but my car's out in your parking lot with a bomb in the trunk."

After the station is evacuated and the bomb squad does their thing (and, presumably, a tasering is narrowly avoided), the device is thankfully found to be non-explosive.

Then, my favourite bit (although with this story it's hard to choose). The police have issued a statement that while they appreciate the vigilance of the citizenry, they recommend that if you find a bomb, you not load it into your car and take it for a drive. Or at least if you do, try to avoid potholes and speed bumps.


Enough rambling. Here's a picture of my pants.

No comments: