Friday, May 30, 2008

I May Have A New Motto

So there's this commercial on the air these days for some fast food place. I don't even know which one. The commercial has some women out nightclubbing or somesuch, discussing the best tactics to attract eligible men.

One of the ladies reveals her secret: loading her purse with bacon cheeseburgers or a similar artery-clogging delicacy, on the premise that guys love bacon. Apparently the irresistible aroma of bacon is now the best way for a woman to get a man's attention.

I guess that makes it official: bacon is the new cleavage.


(By the way, I'm very pleased that at least as of earlier this evening, Google didn't report that phrase being used by anyone else!)


Enough rambling. Here's a picture of my son on career day, trying out an apprenticeship as a graffiti vandal. Apparently the hooded sweatshirt is actually an official uniform for that line of work.

2 comments:

HomeSchooler said...

I once advised my mother that if she really wanted to get my dad to chase her, all she needed to do was go out to the deer hanging in the shed, and rub the black spot on it's hind legs on her neck, and the inside of her wrists and elbows. She laughed and asked, "Why, what is the black spot?" I explained they were the tarsal glands, which emit a strong, musky scent that, once applied to human skin, is virtually impossible to clean off. You just have to wait for it to wear off. "Why should I do that?" Mum wanted to know. "Because," I replied, "During hunting season, there is no scent more exciting to a hunter."

It's a viable option to bacon.

RebelAngel said...

Personally, I would prefer to smell like bacon. Ewww!