Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another Reason Why People Don't Talk To Me

Today at work I handled some correspondence from a client in Germany. The envelope had a logo on it reading "Luftpost". That amused me in and of itself. It probably just means "air mail", but I prefer to think that it's the name of a courier company. Of course, I was then compelled to think of some marketing slogans for a courier company called Luftpost:

Your mail arrives at Blitzkreig speed!

Or...

Luftpost: The Final Solution for all your delivery needs!


I occasionally get a "tsk, tsk" and a head-shake for doing German / Nazi jokes. The way I see it, if you set out to commit genocide and darn near succeed, wiping out several million people and starting a World War in the process, you're fair game for some good-natured ribbing. People make O.J. Simpson jokes, after all, and he only killed two people.


Enough rambling. Here's a picture of the stuff my son got for Christmas (closeup view of the ends of the boxes).

No comments: