Thursday, January 29, 2009

A True Story From One Of My Jobs

A few days ago everyone who works in my office got an e-mail from building administration: "If the fire alarm sounds within the next half hour, it will be a false alarm because they are working on it. You do not have to leave the building."

Whenever this happens, I wonder the same thing: what if there's really a fire during that half hour? I've never bothered asking this question to my supervisors. I already know what they'd answer: "Impossible. There are no fires scheduled for today." The sad part is that they wouldn't be joking.


Since that was so short, let's have something else before we go.


Last Monday marked the Chinese New Year, as we began the Year of the Ox. If past experience is any indication, I'll still be writing Year of the Chicken on my cheques for the next couple of weeks.


An old and obvious joke, yes, but the classics never go out of style. Although whenever I write a joke that I could imagine Jay Leno doing on the Tonight Show monologue, I feel dirty somehow, and not in a fun way.


Enough rambling. Here's a picture of tourists walking around a whale.

No comments: